Apulian taralli with sugar (Taralli pugliesi)
Apulian taralli are small cakes made with flour, potato flour, eggs and olive oil. They are cooked in vegetable or peanut oil and sprinkled with sugar.
- 250 g flour
- 250 g potato flour
- 1 egg
- Olive oil
- Vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 yeast
- Mix together flour with potato flour, egg, a pinch of salt, baking powder and a bit of olive oil to make a dough.
- When ready cut it in pieces and roll them with your hands to form long strips.
- Cut them into small pieces and join the ends with your fingers to form a bagel.
- Cover them and let them rise for a couple of hours.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown in colour.
- Pass them in sugar and place them on a serving dish.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.