The aubergine rolls are a small delicacy, easy and quick to prepare. We filled the inside of the rolls with mortadella, but you can also use cheese, such as mozzarella if you prefer a vegetarian option.
- 500 g aubergines
- 200 g flour
- 100 g sliced mortadella
- 100 g tomatoes
- 100 g grated pecorino cheese
- 300 ml tomato sauce
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Wash the aubergines and cut them into slices lengthwise about half a centimetre thick.
- Arrange the slices in layers in a colander spreading some salt between them. Cover with a weight for a couple of hours.
- Then dry and flour them. Fry in hot olive oil.
- Arrange them on a chopping board. Place on each portion a slice of mortadella, some peeled tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Roll them up on themselves and arrange in a baking dish.
- Cover with the tomato sauce and cheese.
- Bake at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.