The Broccoli casserole is one of many easy to make recipes of Puglia. It takes only few minutes to prepare by mixing the steamed broccoli with white eggs, pecorino cheese and nutmeg. Just add 30 minutes to cook it in the oven and it's ready.
- 500 g broccoli
- 50 g grated pecorino cheese
- 3 egg whites
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A knob of butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Wash the broccoli flowers and steam them for about 3-4 minute. Cool them under running water.
- Place them in a bowl and add salt, pepper, nutmeg and egg whites and mix everything.
- Butter a baking dish, pour the mixture and cover with pecorino cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven (180 degrees) for about half an hour.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.