Cupeta of almonds
The recipe of Cupeta is originally form the Bari area but it spread throughout the all Puglia where. It is very easy to make with just two ingredients.
- 300 g almonds
- 300 g sugar
- Prepare the almonds baking them in a moderate oven for a few minutes. If you want to get rid of the peel soak them in hot water for few minutes and remove the peel.
- Put the sugar with water in a saucepan and cook until you have a dense compound, yellow/orange in colour.
- Add the almonds, stir and add a bit of vanilla.
- When the sugar bubbles and there is no foam remove from heat and place on a slightly oiled marble top.
- Mix the dough with a spatula and when it begins to harden quickly roll it out into a rectangle of a height of 2-3 cm.
- Cut into squares and let cool down before serving.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.