Cuttlefish with black olives (Seppie alle olive nere)
Cuttlefish are very common in the Mediterranean sea and largely used in the Apulian cuisine. They are prepared in various ways, such as stuffed, fried, baked or with a marinara sauce.
- 400 g cuttlefish
- 200 g chopped tomatoes
- 200 g black olives
- 100 g flour
- 1 glass of white wine
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Chopped parsley
- Half onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Clean and wash the cuttlefish.
- Cut in strips and keep the black of sepia.
- Bring to a temperature some olive oil and add the cuttlefish.
- Let cook for few minutes and add wine. Let it evaporate.
- Add tomatoes, chopped garlic, chopped onion and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add black olives and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the ink, parsley and serve.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.