Dumplings with ricotta cheese (Polpette di ricotta)
Dumplings with ricotta cheese is a variant of the traditional meatballs. The ricotta used for this recipe is a typical Apulian cottage cheese made with milk from sheep, goat or a mix of the twos.
- 300 g ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 100 g stale bread
- Olive oil for frying
- Soak bread in milk for a few minutes, then wring it out and place in a large bowl.
- Add ricotta, eggs, chopped parsley, a pinch of salt, pepper and knead.
- Shape into small balls and coat in breadcrumbs.
- Bring olive oil to temperature and fry the dumplings a bit at a time.
- Remove them when golden brown in colour and place them on kitchen paper.
- Serve hot.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.