Grass pea soup (Zuppa di cicerchia)
Zuppa di cicerchia is a typical soup of the Mediterranean cuisine. Quite nutritious thanks to the various legumes and vegetables. It has a unique flavour that you should try.
- 200 g grass pea
- 200 g mix of cannellini, borlotti beans and chickpeas
- 400 g vegetable broth
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 stalk of celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- Few grams of chives
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Some small pieces of toasted bread
- Soak borlotti, cannellini and chickpeas for at least 12 hours. Cook them for two hours.
- Keep grass pea soaked in salted water for at least 24 hours, changing water regularly.
- Boil for 30-40 minutes. Once cooked leave in the cooking water.
- Blend the vegetables.
- Chop celery, carrot, onion and garlic and cook with olive oil for about 10 minutes in a fairly large pot.
- After about 10 minutes, add the blended vegetables to the pot of beans, the drained grass pea, the broth and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve adding chives, extra virgin olive oil, pepper and toasted bread.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.