Lagane pasta with tomato sauce and pieces of eel
The Lagane with tomato sauce and pieces of eel is a delicious recipe thanks to the flavourful taste of the fried eel mixed with fresh made pasta and fresh tomato sauce.
For the pasta
- 250 g durum wheat semolina
- 2 eggs
- Extra virgin olive oil
For the dressing
- 500 g fresh tomato pulp
- 250 g small eels
- 40 g extra virgin olive oil
- Oil for frying
- Freshly ground black pepper
The lagane pasta
- Prepare the dough mixing the flour with the eggs, a bit of extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Roll out the dough and cut into strips of 2-3 centimetres.
- Sprinkle with semolina and let dry.
- Put some olive oil in a pan, add chopped onion and half a clove of garlic.
- Cook slightly, add the chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook for about half an hour.
- Clean the eels emptying them and removing the head, tail and fins. Wash and cut into logs.
- Pass the logs in the milk and flour.
- Fry in hot oil until they are golden brown.
- Once cooked, let them drain on paper towels.
- Cook the lagane pasta in plenty of boiling salted water.
- Drain al dente and mix with the tomato sauce and the pieces of eel.
- Serve immediately.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.