Orecchiette with turnip greens
This is undoubtedly the most famous dish of the Apulian cuisine. It is very tasty and simple to make. The turnip greens should have lots of flowers for a tastier dish.
- 300 g fresh orecchiette pasta
- 300 g turnip greens
- 40 g extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g grated pecorino cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the turnip greens into small pieces and wash them thoroughly.
- Cook the orecchiette in salted water and after a few minutes add the turnip greens.
- Drain the orecchiette and turnip greens when cooked and season them with olive oil and ground pepper.
- Serve adding grated pecorino cheese.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.