Orecchiette with walnut sauce
This recipe uses the kernel of the walnuts which, for a better result, should be crushed in a mortar. If you don't have a mortar you can use an electric blender. The crushed walnuts are then mixed with olive oil and grated pecorino cheese.
- 350 g orecchiette pasta
- 200 g walnuts
- 6 spoons extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g grated pecorino cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Make the walnut sauce by crushing the kernels in a mortar (or blender) with olive oil, salt and pepper to form a smooth paste.
- Cook the orecchiette in hot salted water and drain al dente.
- Mix well the orecchiette with the sauce.
- Serve with some pecorino cheese.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.