Panzerotti are small version of the calzone pizza or closed pizza, but cooked in olive oil. The most common fillings are tomato and mozzarella cheese or onions.
- 600 g flour type 00
- 400 ml water
- 15 g yeast
- 200 g mozzarella
- 100 g tomato sauce
- 1 tea spoon of salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Mix the flour with water, yeast and salt to obtain a soft but not sticky dough.
- Once the dough is ready wrap it in a cloth and let it rise until it is double of its size.
- After this time roll it out and create discs of about 8 cm diameter.
- Cut the mozzarella into small pieces. Lay on the discs a bit of tomato sauce, some mozzarella and close them forming a half-moon.
- Heat plenty of oil and throw panzerotti a few at a time, drain when golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.