Pettole (Dumplings with flour fried in olive oil)
Pettole is a recipe typical of the Christmas time. They are kind of dumplings made with flour and potatoes, fried in olive oil and usually eaten with honey or sugar.
- 500 g flour
- 250 g potatoes
- 15 g yeast
- Olive oil
- Boil potatoes. Once cooked peel and mash them to form a puree.
- In a large bowl, put flour, potatoes, baking powder and salt.
- Mix well and add hot water a bit at a time. The result should be a soft dough. Let rise for a couple of hours.
- Bring to temperature plenty of olive oil and fry the dumplings using a tablespoon.
- When golden brown in colour pull them out and let them dry on kitchen paper.
- Serve hot with honey or sugar.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.