Pizza with ricotta cheese
Pizza with ricotta cheese is a very good and easy to prepare Apulian cake. The filling of the sweets is a mix of fresh ricotta cheese, candied fruit, eggs, sugar, liqueur and grated orange peel.
For the shortcrust pastry
- 300 g flour
- 2 eggs
- 100 g sugar
- 8 g of baking powder
- 50 g olive oil (or butter)
For the filling
- 500 g fresh ricotta cheese
- 250 g sugar
- 2 packets of vanilla
- 3 egg yolks
- 100 g candied fruit
- 1 small glass of Liquore Strega
- Grated orange peel
Preparation of the pastry
- Mix together flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Make a hole in the centre and add eggs and olive oil.
- Mix together to form a firm dough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and leave in the fridge for at least 1/2 hour.
- Roll out with a rolling pin.
Preparation of the filling
- Knead the ricotta cheese and add the egg yolks, mix well.
- Add the grated orange rind, vanilla candied fruit and liquor and mix.
- Lay half of the pastry on a baking dish and spread on top the mixture.
- Cover with the other half pastry closing well on the edges.
- Bake at 180 degrees for about 1 hour.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.