Ricotta cheese pancakes (Frittelle di ricotta)
Ricotta cheese pancakes are made by frying pieces of ricotta cheese in olive oil after soaking then in eggs, bread crumbs and flour. The result are some tasty pancakes, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- 500 g ricotta cheese straight from the fridge
- 3 eggs
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cut ricotta cheese in slices of one cm and then in pieces of 3-4 cm.
- Beat the eggs in a dish and add a pinch of salt, put in one plate the flour and in another the breadcrumbs.
- Soak the pieces of ricotta cheese in the egg, then in the flour, then again in the egg and finally in the breadcrumbs.
- Bring olive oil to temperature and fry the pieces of cheese, a bit at a time, until golden brown on both sides.
- Place them on paper towels to dry and serve.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.