This is a typical dish of the Salento area much loved by Frederick II of Swabia. There are several variants but this is the original recipe.
- 500 g oily fish (herring, anchovies or sardine
- 700 ml vinegar
- 800 g breadcrumbs
- 0.3 g saffron powder
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Eviscerate and wash the fish.
- Coat with flour and fry in olive oil, then place on kitchen paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Add the saffron and the breadcrumbs to the vinegar, mix well and let rest for a few minutes.
- In a deep dish alternate layers of the breadcrumb mixture and the fish, starting and finishing with the breadcrumbs.
- Leave to marinate for at least one day.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.