Seafood risotto (Risotto ai frutti di mare)
This version of seafood risotto is a bit complex and requires more time to prepare but the taste of the seafood and the delicious taste of the whole dish makes it worth the time and the effort.
- 350 g rise
- 100 g of mixed small fish
- 100 g cuttlefish
- 100 g squid
- 250 g octopus
- 250 g shelled shrimps
- 50 g shelled mussels
- 50 g shelled clams
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 glass of white wine
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot, put carrot, onion, fresh tomatoes, garlic, celery and two litres of water. Add some salt and white pepper and bring to boil.
- When boiling, add the fish, half a glass of wine and cook.
- After 30 minutes add the cuttlefish, squid and octopus.
- After few minutes add prawns, mussels and clams and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pass the broth through a sieve and chop the squid, cuttlefish, octopus.
- In a large pan put a spoon of olive oil and cook the onion.
- Add rice and toast for few minutes.
- Pour half a glass of white wine and let it evaporate.
- Add a bit at the time the broth using a strainer.
- When almost cooked, add the fish and seafood and finish cooking.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.