Spaghetti with seafood
Fish is plentiful and varied in Puglia. It provides the raw material for many delicious dishes. Centre of excellence is Taranto, home to a thriving fish market and a famous place for the cultivation of mussels and oysters.
- 300 g spaghetti
- 600 g mixed seafood (mussels, clams, etc.)
- 150 g prawns
- 100 g small eels
- 4 sea dates
- 1 clove of garlic
- 100 g tomato pulp
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Wash the mussels and clams. Have them open in a frying pan on the fire.
- Discard any mussels or clams that haven't open and extract the clams from the shells.
- Shell the prawns, debone and cut into pieces the eel. Wash the sea dates.
- Cook one clove of garlic with some olive oil, add the clams, shrimp, dates, the pieces of eel, salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and chopped parsley. Cook over medium heat until the sauce will be a little withdrawn.
- Cook the spaghetti in salted water. Drain them al dente and pour them into the pan with the sauce.
- Mix for a couple of minutes.
- Serve hot.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.