Cuttlefish is widely used in the cuisine of Puglia. Many are the recipes that use squids but it can also be easily prepared stewed, baked or fried.
- 4 squids
- 40 g breadcrumbs
- 50 g grated pecorino cheese
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 egg
- 40 g extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Put a bit of olive oil in a pan, flavour a clove of garlic and add the chopped tomatoes. Cook for 20 min.
- Remove the tentacles of the squid, cut them into small pieces and add to the sauce.
- Mix in a bowl the bread crumbs, egg, chopped parsley, salt, pepper and soften the mixture with a bit of olive oil.
- Use this mixture to fill the cuttlefish.
- Close them with white thread.
- Arrange the squid into the sauce and cook for about 20-25 minutes. Add water if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Serve hot adding the sauce on top.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.