PugliaA place to discover and enjoy

Brindisi

Brindisi

 

DOP - Protected Designation of Origin

Place of Origin

Brindisi

 

The production area of the Brindisi DOP (Protected Designation of Origin) wine includes the territories of the towns of Brindisi and Mesagne.

The Rosso and Rosato versions are made with Negroamaro grapes and, for no more than 30%, with Malvasia Nera di Brindisi, Montepulciano or Sangiovese.

Brindisi Negroamaro is made mainly with the same grape variety, Negroamaro, and for no more than 15%, with black grapes of the same territory.

The Bianco version is made with Chardonnay and Malvasia Bianca, alone or together, and for not less than 80%. The remaining parts must be made of white grapes of the same territory.

Brindisi Sumaniello is made with a minimum of 85% of Sumaniello grapese. The remaining part must be black berry grapes of local cultivation.

Brindisi Fiano, Brindisi Chardonnay, Brindisi Malvasia Bianca and Brindisi Sauvignon must have a minimum of 90% of the same grape variety, and the remaining 10% must be made of white grapes produced locally.

Main grape varieties used to make Brindisi DOP:

 

Brindisi DOP wines are produced in different varieties:

Brindisi Rosso - a wine with an intense and typical bouquet, and a harmonious and velvety flavour.

Brindisi Rosato - a pink coloured wine, persistent and fruity when young, with a harmonious taste.

Brindisi Negroamaro is pleasant and intense wine with a harmonious and full flavour.

Brindisi Negroamaro Rosato is a wine with a persistent bouquet and a harmonious taste.

Brindisi Sumaniello is a wine with an aroma of berries, and with a velvety and balanced taste.

Brindisi Bianco has a fruity and characteristic bouquet, and a fruity and fresh flavour.

Brindisi Chardonnay is an intense and characteristic wine with a savoury flavour.

Brindisi Chardonnay Spumante is a sparkling wine with a fruity and delicate aroma, and a harmonious and fresh flavour.

Brindisi Bianco Spumante is a fruity and delicate wine, with a harmonious and fresh taste.

Brindisi Negoramaro Spumante Rosato is a sparkling wine with a fruity and delicate aroma, a harmonious and fresh flavour.

Brindisi Rosato Spumante has a fruity and delicate bouquet with a harmonious and fresh flavour.

Brindisi Rosso DOP should be served at a temperature around 18 degrees.

Brindisi Rosato DOP is a wine to be served at a temperature between 12 and 14 degrees.

Pairing

Brindisi Rosso DOP pairs well with first courses, meat dishes and cheeses.

Brindisi Rosato DOP pairs well with fish dishes, tomato sauce, baked fish, mussels au gratin, and egg dishes.