PugliaA place to discover and enjoy

Copertino

Copertino

 

DOP - Protected Designation of Origin

Place of Origin

Copertino (Lecce)

 

Copertino DOP (Protected Designation of Origin) wine is produced, as well as in the territory of the town of Copertino, also in those of Carmiano and Montenori Arnesano, all in province of Lecce.

Copertino Rosso and Rosato are produced with Negroamaro grapes for at least 70% of the total, the remaining part, but for no more than 30%, may consist of Malvasia Nera, Montepulciano and Sangiovese grapes.

Copertino Riserva version must have a minimum ageing period of two years.

Main grape varieties used to make Copertino DOP:

 

Copertino Rosso is a wine of a ruby-red colour with a velvety and dry flavour, and a bitter aftertaste.

Copertino Rosato has a dry flavour and a slightly bitter but pleasant aftertaste.

Copertino Rosso should be served at a temperature between 16 and 18 degrees.

Copertino Rosato is served at a temperature between 12 and 14 degrees.

Pairing

Copertino Rosso pairs well with baked meat dishes, especially pork and lamb, meat sauces, grilled red meat and mature cheeses.

Copertino Rosato pairs well with grilled Caciocavallo cheese, meat and vegetables sauces, baked fish and egg dishes.