PugliaA place to discover and enjoy

Ostuni

Ostuni

 

DOP - Protected Designation of Origin

Place of Origin

Ostuni (Brindisi)

 

The production area of the Ostuni DOP (Protected Designation of Origin) includes the territory of the town of Ostuni, Carovigno, San Vito dei Normanni and San Michele Salentino, and some parts of the territories of Latiano and Ceglie Messapica, all in province of Brindisi.

The Ostuni DOP wine comes in two types:

Ostuni Ottavianello, produced with Ottavianello grapes, for a minimum percentage of 85%. The remaining part, for a maximum of 15%, can be made of Negroamaro, Notardomenico, Susumaniello or Malvasia Nera grapes.

Ostuni Bianco is made with Impigno grapes, from 50% to 85%, and Francavidda grapes, from 15% to 50%. Also there can be a maximum of 10% of Alessano and Verdeca Bianco grapes.

Main grape varieties used to make Ostuni DOP:

 

Ostuni Ottavianello DOP is a wine with a delicate aroma and a dry and harmonious flavour.

Ostuni Bianco wine has a delicate bouquet and a dry and harmonious taste.

Ostuni Ottavianello DOP is served at a temperature ranging between 12 and 14 degrees.

Ostuni Bianco is served at a temperature from 10 to 12 degrees.

Pairing

Ostuni DOP pairs well with salami appetizers, meat sauces, pork, grilled lamb and sheep cheeses.

Ostuni Bianco pairs well with fish appetizers, fresh dairy products, crab sauce and fried mussels.