PugliaA place to discover and enjoy

Salice Salentino

Salice Salentino

 

DOP - Protected Designation of Origin

Place of Origin

Salice Salentino (Lecce)

 

Salice Salentino DOP (Protected Designation of Origin) wine is produced in the territories of Salice Salentino, Veglie and Guagnano, in province of Lecce, and San Pancrazio Salentino and Sandonaci, in province of Brindisi.

Salice Salentino Rosso and Rosato, without specification of variety, are made using Negroamaro grapes for a percentage of at least 75%, with the remaining part consisting of other local grape varieties.

Salice Salentino Aleatico is produced with a minimum percentage of 85% of the same grape variety. The remaining part, for a maximum of 15%, can be made of Negroamaro, Primitivo and Malvasia Nera grapes.

Salice Salentino Bianco with no grape specification is made with Chardonnay grapes for a minimum percentage of 70%. Other white grape varieties can contribute to its production but for no more than 30%.

Salice Salentino Bianco with specification of the grape is made for at least 85% of the same grape variety indicated and, for a maximum of 15%, of other white grapes such as: Chardonnay, Pinot Bianco and Fiano.

Salice Salentino Rosso and Negroamaro Rosato are made with a minimum of 90% of Negroamaro grape variety.

Salice Salentino Riserva must have a minimum ageing period of two years, of which at least 6 months in casks.

Main grape varieties used to make Salice Salentino DOP:

 

In addition to Rosso and Bianco, also Rosato, Spumante, Dolce, Liquoroso Dolce, and Liquoroso Riserva are produced.

Salice Salentino Rosso has a pleasant and intense aroma. The Riserva version has a pleasant bouquet and an intense, full, velvety, warm and balanced taste.

Salice Salentino Negroamaro has an intense and distinctive aroma and a dry, full-bodied, warm and velvety flavour.

Salice Salentino Aleatico Dolce has a delicate and distinctive aroma and a warm sweet taste.

Salice Salentino Bianco has a delicate and a dry flavour and fruity aroma.

Salice Salentino Chardonnay has an intense aroma and a pleasant fruity taste.

Salice Salentino Rosso DOP should be served at the temperature of 18 degrees.

Salice Salentino Bianco should be served at a temperature between 10 and 12 degrees.

Salice Salentino Rosato is served at a temperature between 12 and 14 degrees.

Pairing

Salice Salentino Rosso DOP pairs well with red meats and mature cheeses such as Canestrato Pugliese.

Salice Salentino Bianco is perfect with pasta dishes with light seasoning, vegetables and fish.

Salice Salentino Rosato pairs well with pasta dishes seasoned with light sauces, spicy sausages, pork and lamb roast, stewed meats, omelets, fresh cheese.

Salice Salentino Dolce and Salice Salentino Pinot Bianco pairs well with typical desserts of the Christmas period.