Baked rigatoni with small meatballs
This dish is traditionally prepared when there are several people for lunch, for a picnic outdoors or as a Sunday main course.
- 300 g rigatoni
- 400 g tomato sauce
- 1/4 of an onion
- 100 g minced beef
- 20 g breadcrumbs
- Few pieces of bread
- Some milk
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 yolk
- White flour
- 40 g grated pecorino cheese
- 50 g extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Put some extra virgin olive oil in a pan and cook the chopped onion, add then the tomato sauce.
- Add salt and pepper and cook for about half an hour.
- In a bowl, mix the minced meat with egg yolk, chopped garlic, chopped parsley, salt and pepper.
- Soak the small pieces of bread in milk, squeeze them and add to the mixture.
- Once you have worked the dough make the meatballs of the size of a hazelnut.
- Cook the meatballs in hot oil until they are golden brown.
- Cook the rigatoni in boiling salted water and drain when half cooked.
- Grease a baking dish with olive oil, make a layer of rigatoni, cover with the tomato sauce.
- Add meatballs and sprinkle with some grated pecorino cheese. Repeat layers until all the ingredients are finished.
- Cover the last layer with the breadcrumbs and bake (200 degrees) until the surface gets golden.
Try again alter
Mediterranean cuisine. Recipes from Puglia
Simple, quick and healthy recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine of the Puglia region of Italy. All recipes with full screen photos to guide and facilitate each stage of the preparation. Buy now and by just updating the book get new added recipes for free.